MADURAI: A strong demand for revival of India’s leading national telecom giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), protecting the welfare of BSNL contract workers, EPF and ESI benefits and stopping of privatization of public sector undertakings in the country are among the main demands for which agitation was held in Madurai city on 27th July 2020.
“Sarkar Jago Saptha’ protest took place on that day, led by Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) and its affiliated-associated unions. In Madurai, the agitation took place at the BSNL Tallakulam office entrance by following all Corona rules. Mr.P.Thangaraj, BMS Tamil Nadu State Secretary, Mr.R.T.Karthikeyan, BSNL Sub-Divisional Engineer and BMS Madurai district vice-president and several others including Mr.Janardhanan, Mr.Sunil Gavaskar, Mr.Kar Vijayakannan, Mr.Chellappa, Mr.Raja (BMS-Railways) Mr.Senthilkumar, voiced the main demands, according to a press release here.
TOP IMPORTANT DEMANDS:
1.Non privatization of BSNL and PSUs in the country.
2. Ensuring 8 hours duty for employees and contract workers.
3. Withdrawal of anti-labour laws.
4. Demanded Madurai BSNL administration for ensuring proper job safety, job security and regular monthly salary with EPF-ESI benefits and clearing pending salaries for BSNL contract workers by issuing necessary directions to the concerned contractors.
5. To remove discrimination shown against honest and sincere contract workers who had served for BSNL, but removed from service without salaries.
7. Implementing Union Communications Minister’s directions for actual ‘Revival of BSNL’ by curtailment of official financial leakages and by modifying the ‘ordered illegal transfers’ by allocating the technical staff to technical duties instead in nontechnical areas like building in-charge officers, gate securities, as acute shortage of officers and technical staff existing in field services like land line, internet and mobile services which affected Telecom service badly.
8. Demanded the management to cancel the allotted tenders wherein the concerned contractors have not been followed the terms and conditions as specified by the Labour Ministry and DOP&T and BSNL HQ in NewDelhi, which are affecting the service badly and takes BSNL into more losses financially as a whole violating the earlier Directions of Hon’ble MOC, GOI, NewDelhi on the subject of REVIVAL OF BSNL.
9) Also demanded the BSNL management not to entertain official correspondence or previleges etc to the UNREGISTERED as well as UNRECOGNISED forum called AUAB ( All Unions and Associations of BSNL ) where some trade unions of BSNL mingled therein since neither they worked for the betterment of BSNL nor for the welfare of employees so far, amounted more losses to BSNL as well as violating the ACTUAL REVIVAL OF BSNL policy, Moreover they have been misusing the trade union facilities etc against their nonmembers under union rivalries etc, under the forum of AUAB, Particularly the name ‘ All Unions …..’ itself creating a wrong meaning that all unions are under their forum and misbelieved by all employees too , but in fact many unions like BTEU, TOA, BEA, BTU, AIGETOA, AITEEA, BASE, FNTO, BSNLOA etc are not in their so called forum AUAB.
Information received here today said that copies of memorandum were sent to Union Labour and Telecom Ministers, CMD BSNL NewDelhi and CGM BSNL Chennai and PGM BSNL MADURAI, according to Mr. R.T.Karthikeyan, BSNL Sub Divisional Engineer who is the district vice president of BMS for Madurai district.